Sunday 4 November 2012

10.21


It is not often I am so utterly disappointed in something.

:(

Tried a new lemon meringue pie recipe and it was D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.O.U.S. I mean, the meringue part was fine (though there wasn't enough.. but when is there ever enough meringue?!) but that's only because I didn't go by the recipe for that bit.

The lemon curd was a dull grey (ew)
The cornstarch didn't cook out properly (double ew)
Which meant it didn't set (sad face)
I stretched the crust too far so it mega-shrank in the oven (my fault, I know)
... aaaand it was late at night when I took it out, so I was tired and it made me pout (embarrassing)

I wanted to cry. I know not every bakescapade is going to end in success, but I was so disappointed! Please send me good lemon meringue pie recipes so I can redeem myself, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment