Saturday 21 April 2012

04.05

Ok. Do you see that man? The one in the lovely, flattering high-vis jacket? The one with the rubbish trolley emptying the bin. He is the most fascinating person I have passed (or met, or spoken to, or known) in the last... well, months at least. He was singing this absent melody as I passed him, after rushing hurriedly into bank and out again. He filled the absentminded notes with dialogue gathered in his stream of random thoughts.

He told me he liked my boots, with the most genuine smile in a rumbling bass. His smile was infectious, and it broke my heart that no one else around me seemed to notice. This was a dude, doing a more than boring job, absolutely delighted with himself.

On a rainy street in Dublin, he is a ray of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment