Monday 2 January 2012

01.02

This late-night thing cannot be the start of a bad habit.

I must be clear: I have no idea what I'm doing here. On this blog and in general.

Resolve seems to dilute so quickly. In what began as a thunderous start in my adult life has, to be blunt, turned into meandering. Sharp keenness turned to marshmallow, direction began to saunter and suddenly, I look up and am treading water. I hate treading...it gets you nowhere and exhausts every crevice of your body in its stagnant course.

So I'm grasping for a path that puts one foot in front of the other and gets me places. Words. They have become so meaningless, but in my life are a fortress of reassurance. They are the only thing that have stayed with me. Words, individually harmless until strung together, once carefully twined into sentences and stanzas can wallop you in the chest with their profundity.

So those of you who do not admire the weightiness of the written word should go. Cause there's going to be lots of it.

Hopefully I'll sound a little less severe in the morning.

2 down, 364 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment