Wednesday 4 January 2012

01.04


SOULMATES. SEPARATED AT BIRTH.

I cannot find these shoes to save my life.

I remember the last pair I owned, my good friends who served me for years. They walked through fire (and mud, and slush, and two feet of snow) for me. They stuck with me through raging concerts, ones where I nearly lost my head... but never my beloved shoes. They followed me through all of theatre school and across an ocean. And as cracks started to show and threads began to unravel, I grew to love them all the more. The fraying and aging only made them more beautiful.

Alas, all great loves must meet their inevitable end, and ours came before I was ready. My soulmates were ready for the grave... or rather, the bin. And since then, I've not filled that void with any other soles.

AND I CANNOT FIND ANOTHER BLASTED PAIR OF THESE SHOES ANYWHERRRRRRE.

Oh, unrequited love. I did not think thou could be so cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment